For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.
THE NAP STRAP™
WHAT IS THE NAP STRAP™?
- The Nap Strap™ is a comfortable head support for children. It is used when they’re asleep to prevent possible neck strain and to prevent the child’s head from flopping forward. It’s a car seat accessory that can be used on both front and rear facing car seats. It is not a safety harness. It also prevents Mom and Dad from becoming distracted while driving.
HOW DOES THE NAP STRAP DIFFER FROM SUPPORT PILLOWS?
- The Nap Strap™ is designed for use on forward facing car seats for kids between the ages of 1 to 6 years old, to prevent their head from falling forward. Pillow supports are great to help support infants in rear facing car seats to help stabilize the head (restricting a side to side movement), however the use of support pillows to prevent the head from falling forward are ineffective or worsen the positioning of the baby’s head. Most of these head supports place more padding behind the child’s head, which further encourages the head to fall forward.
IS THE NAP STRAP™ TRADE MARKED?
- Yes, both the design and name have been Trade Marked.
DO I PUT THE NAP STRAP™ ON BEFORE OR AFTER MY CHILD GOES TO SLEEP?
- The Nap Strap™ should only be placed into position AFTER the child falls asleep to prevent the child from playing with it. The Nap Strap™ can be attached to the car seat and moved out of reach of the child so you can simply and easily slide it down into position.
DOES THE NAP STRAP™ FIT ALL CAR SEATS?
- The Nap Strap™ has been designed with an elastic strap and Velcro closure allowing it to be adjusted for a universal fit on most front and rear facing car seats.
IS IT A SAFETY DEVICE?
- No, it’s an optional car seat accessory that provides comfort and support and is NOT TO BE USED AS A SAFETY DEVICE. The Nap Strap™ is not designed to provide any protection in the event of impact. It helps to improve your child’s sleep quality when traveling in the car by providing gentle support only.
CAN THE CHILD STILL MOVE IT’S HEAD?
- Yes, The Nap Strap’s elastic provides gentle support without restricting movement. The child can move it’s head from side to side as well as a gently supported forward movement.
HAS THE NAP STRAP™ BEEN CRASH TESTED?
- Unfortunately, crash testing for this type of product is not currently available in Southern Africa but research of similar products abroad reveal that those straps did not hinder the safety of the child nor the normal function of the car seat when it was crash tested. Nor did it inflict any additional pressure on the child when the collision occurred. Some results also show an improvement in breathing while the child was asleep in its car seat.For more information pertaining to industry safety research and The Nap Strap, please click here.
IS THE NAP STRAP™ SUITABLE FOR ANY AGE?
- The Nap Strap™ is designed for children aged one (1) to six (6) years.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
- We make use of PayFast – an easy and secure online payment processing service. We accept both Visa and MasterCard, debit and credit cards as well as EFT payments.
HOW DO I NAVIGATE THE SITE?
- You can’t miss our convenient top navigation menu, containing our most popular pages – it’s on every page so you can’t get lost. You can also use our Sitemap which is conveniently situated in the lower left hand corner of each page under USEFUL LINKS.
HOW DO I VIEW A PRODUCT?
- To view a product in more detail, simply click on the thumbnail and you will be redirected. You can then read the product description, additional information and delivery by clicking on the relevant tabs.
HOW DO I PURCHASE MY ITEM?
- Once you’ve found the prefect Nap Strap™, simply fill out any required information and then click the ‘ADD TO CART’ button. You will then see a green banner saying your gift was successfully added to your cart. You can then click the ‘ View Cart’ button on this banner to view your cart contents. You will be able to apply any discount coupons here. You will then click ‘Proceed To Checkout’ once you are happy. You will then be redirected to our billing page where you will fill out your billing and delivery information and make your payment. Checkout our ‘How To Order’ page for a step by step guide with pictures. You can also print a printable version to assist you. Click here.
CAN YOU GIFT WRAP MY ORDER?
- Of course. We will professionally gift wrap your Nap Strap™ in attractive wrapping paper and satin ribbon. If you require a message to be included with your order you can add it to the Personalised Message section upon checkout. This gift wrapping option will need to be added to your cart from the shop page.If you require any additional gifting services please visit http://www.howthoughtful.co.za.
VOUCHER CODES & SPECIAL OFFERS
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY CODE?
- You will be required to enter your coupon code, free delivery code and free gift codes among others, at the checkout. Vouchers or coupon codes must be applied when viewing your cart before placing your order via checkout; they cannot be exchanged for cash or used in conjunction with any other offers.
WHERE IS MY ORDER?
- You will receive an email informing you that your order has been dispatched. We will also send you an email to confirm that delivery took place.
WHEN WILL MY NAP STRAP™ ARRIVE?
- Once you’ve selected your preferred delivery method, we’ll make every attempt to deliver your Nap Strap™ as quickly as possible. However please remember that factors including stock availability, and the delivery location– all influence the delivery time. We also cannot guarantee a specific time but delivery will happen between business hours on a working day.
WHAT ARE THE DELIVERY COSTS?
- Delivery charges will be calculated upon checkout based on your preferred delivery method. Our overnight option is charged at R68.40 and local Cape Town deliveries are R39.90.
OOPS, I WAS OUT WHEN MY ORDER GOT DELIVERED. NOW WHAT?
- Don’t worry, there’s still time. You would have received a call from our courier. You can call them back to arrange a more convenient time or to arrange a collection from the local depot.
I DON’T LIVE IN OR NEAR A MAIN TOWN. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
- No problem, we’ll find a way to help you. You will proceed to place your order as normal. If the delivery location falls within a remote area, you will need to add an extra day for delivery and unfortunately, there will also be an additional delivery charge of R68.40. Once we have received your order, you’ll be invoiced accordingly.